Sunday, September 1, 2013

{36 weeks}

Oh my little baby Lennon, our time just the 2 of us is coming to a close.  And this week I have been emotional about it.  We have 4 weeks until you are full term but after next week I could go into labor and they wouldn't stop it.  As much as I can't wait to meet you my sweet boy, I don't want our time together to end.  I am going to miss feeling you inside me, miss feeling you have the hiccups, miss feeling your foot move along the right side of my stomach and your butt pushing up on the left side.  I won't be able to control everything that happens to you once you are out here.  While you have been inside your little cocoon for the past 9 months, you have been protected.  Once you come out, I can't protect you from everything anymore and I don't like that.  I don't want to share you with everyone but at the same time I can't wait to show you off.  Your dad found a saying that says exactly how it has felt with you in my belly.
Your dad is so excited to meet you.  All he has wanted to do for the past 9 months is hold you in his arms and I can't wait to see that moment for the first time.  We have both wanted you for so long.  And I am sad that my time with your dad, just the two of us, is ending as well.  We have had 10 great married years together and all we have wanted for most of those 10 years was to have a baby.  Now it is real and you are coming soon, it will be an adjustment for the two of us.  But we are so excited to meet you and hold you and smell you.  Just stay in until at least your due date for me.

I love you to the moon and back.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. You and Josh are going to be such a wonderful mommy and daddy. You are right that you can't protect him from everything, but the joy of watching him grow and learn and explore and look at you both with the love and admiration that comes from your own child is something I can't wait for you to experience! Being a mommy is the greatest adventure ever and I can't imagine anyone more deserving than you my darling daughter. I have prayed and wished and prayed and wished for you to have your dreams fulfilled to be a mommy for ten long years now. I looked at your dad tonight and said "Four weeks from now Kandice will be a mommy!!" I can't think of anything in life I have been more excited about, other than the birth of my three own children. Please always remember I am here for you. I can't wait to share the special day with you when you are finally called "mommy". I just hope I'll be able to see through the tears of joy in my own eyes when they place that special little bundle in yours and Josh's waiting arms!! Love you both

    ReplyDelete